Sunday, April 1, 2018

LEYLA IŞIK



LEYLA IŞIK

FREE OUT OF SPITE

How free you are,
Free out of spite.
I could not yet break
The iron bars inside of me.
I'm enslaved by love,
Perhaps by fear.
I’ve wrapped myself in lonelinesses.
How free you are,
Free out of spite
In that endless blueness of the sky.
I could not yet unlock
The fetters inside of me.
Whenever I felt love
I wrapped myself in lonelinesses.
The sunlight abandoned me
In the dump wells,

And went away.
Unable to leave lonelinesses,
I could not tell time to stop,
Time that races against wind.
The hopes rusted and faded inside me.
Oh! You don’t know how I miss
Becoming free like you,
Free out of spite,
Eluding fear
And leaving lonelinesses in the dump wells . . .

TRANSLATED BY BAKI YIĞIT


LEYLA IŞIK


1 comment :

  1. Your poem affected life?! Yes, you can share your lovely poem and its great "after story" with the world... Submit now on LifePoemsProject.com

    ReplyDelete