Sunday, April 1, 2018

DEBORAH BROOKS LANGFORD



DEBORAH BROOKS LANGFORD

THE ROVING POET’S PEN

A poet's pen is awesome
it never sleeps~

It goes to bed hungry anxiously
ready to wake up and write again~

Wants only to make its thirst quenched when it never can
it holds on to the tomorrows and cannot forget the past.
Writes with love and pain and sometimes hatred
to satisfy the hurt that life can cause~ AND LAST~

Hold that Poet's pen
hold it to your heart
to sing its praises
that cannot take a flight
sings of many sorrows
never to see the light of day
its buried in many hearts
the prisons of come what may~

The roving poet
sings of yesterday
crying of tomorrows
which will never come
the Poet's pen never rests
always cries tears that holds on~
Debbie Brooks (c) 2018
DB





TINY SPACE

This is the only place
I can float in
Feeling tiny
I hate this space
This tiny curb;
Scares me to death
Suppose I shove myself away
In a tiny spot in my tiny brain
There has to be someplace else
That will make me happy again
One-day maybe
We will be ready to lie
Be soulless
You keep telling me
It's the memory of me~
Debbie Brooks (c) March 2018





REFLECTION OF RED

Lost thoughts

The Maiden in the mirror
Used to be me
But the face is to tired
No smiles today
Till she touches her lips
To read her lost thoughts~

The arms come to hold her
Fingers long and sleek
Hold a delicate heart
Of roses~

Untouched by mortal affection
He gave her
Red roses
Of joy~

Yet she knows she must wait
For remembrance
Or fruitless emotion
Of her kindly soul~

Her reflections of
A love gone by
Kisses leaves her
Limbo
Is it safe to fall in love?
Debbie Brooks (c) 2018


DEBORAH BROOKS LANGFORD





1 comment :

  1. Your poem affected life?! Yes, you can share your lovely poem and its great "after story" with the world... Submit now on LifePoemsProject.com

    ReplyDelete