Friday, September 1, 2017

RENEE’ DRUMMOND-BROWN


RENEE’
DRUMMOND-BROWN

FOOLS RUSH IN!

Elvis
once sang
“wise men say,
‘ONLY’
fools rush in.”
He ain’t
‘nevalied’
‘bout’
‘US’
simple women.

We meet ‘em’ on today;
tomorrow
they’re
moved in.

We care
‘NOTHIN’
bout
our children’s
‘feelins’.

He takes ‘ov’r’
the house
an’
gets served
like a king.
While
our babies
‘gotta’
tip-toe
round
shhhhhhhhhhhhh;
quiet,
as a
church-mouse.
~~~~~~
IN
THEIR OWN HOUSE!!!

It’s ‘jus’
emotions
that take
‘US’
‘ov’r’
cause he
gets
the best
of our
‘luv’;
more or less.


But Kenny sang;
‘YOU’
‘gotta’
‘KNOW’
when
to
hold him.
When
to fold him.
And ‘yezzz’,
‘EVEN’
when
to run!


Frankie Lymon,
why do fools
rush in?
When you gave
‘US’
the
A B C’s
of
‘luv’

Dedicated to: She’s jus’ a ‘FOOL’ in ‘luv’ ‘wit’ you.
A B.A.D. Poem




STRAWBERRY LETTER 23

Your ‘luv’
‘iz’ raw.
It took her
by storm.
Caught her
off guard;
when you rained,
you poured.


But…
In the game
of ‘luv’;
often ‘tymes’
They had to
go back
to start.
Could not
pass go.
For ‘tymes’
such as these;
it
stunted
their growth…


But…
In spite
of it
all.
They held onto;
two separate worlds;
Strawberry Letter 23,
and
the ‘ONE’
true
Living God.

Dedicated to: LOVE conquers ‘ALL’ ‘thangs’!!!
A B.A.D. Poem




I (STILL) DO

We met
on the street
after
dropping them keys;
I picked up
for you.
Our eyes fell
asleep,
deadlocked,
refusing to drop.


‘Luv’
at ‘MY’
first sight.
‘Daze’ went by,
years,
an’ O’
‘Dem’ semi-
precious nights.
We laughed,
cried,
fussed
an’ literally
fought
a good fight.





I did my best
to select
a white dress.
While you didn’t know it
you passed
Mr. Right’s
A+ test;
even saw
the ring
2 Karats
meant
the world
to me.
Yeah ‘everythang’!
Including
clarity.


But,
something (hmm???)
Just
Wasn’t
Quite
Right.
I noticed
you never
stayed
full nights.
An’
I never met
family
foe
nor
friends.
Something
just
‘wazant’
right
???


Then
reality
shattered
all dreams
as she
walked down the aisle;
to
‘MY MAN’
‘wit’
a smile,
wearing
my dress
and ring.
And
I still
wanted
to say
I Do
ever
so badly
to
the unknown man
I met
on ‘dem’ streets.
That
would be you.
I still do.

Dedicated To: Drifting on a memory

A B.A.D. Poem

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED@ AUGUST 6, 2016. (REVISED-2017).
RENEE’
DRUMMOND-BROWN


No comments :

Post a Comment