Wednesday, March 1, 2017

ONUOHA CHINAZA

ONUOHA CHINAZA

MY HEART

My heart overflows with bile
My friend who ate my bread
And slept in my bed have turned her heels at me

I like us like a tree with its branch
Lovely and intimate
Fruits excellent and comely
But you stole behind me
Leaving me in the dark to light

My heart strikes like lightening
It roars like the storm
It burns like fire
It devoured the stubble
The flame ravished the chaff
Our root rotten
And the blossom went into the dust
My heart sits in darkness
Burning in sorrow
My tongue spoke
You took mute
I then sealed my mouth with a bridle
Like a horse in resolution to fate

Time slept I sucked my anger
Until it cast up wisdom
Wisdom I already met
Wisdom I sowed
Yet I fell into its thorns and thistles
Then it became my tool
Of experience
It cries
Trust no one
With this fountain of knowledge

I arose like a flood
My heart secretly pipes for my friend
For wisdom is come up to me









LAST NIGHT WE PRAYED

Last night we prayed
Last night we heard - it was not in a dream
The sound of a wryness
Crumbling,
Rumbling,
Thumping,
Our hearts flew
The harder we prayed
The closer it grew
What fear grip our voices
We trembled all night abashing some malignant nemesis
And stilled by the hands of fear
There’s icy silence
Thickening sound arises
Creaking,
Cracking,
Screeching
Dreadful our eyes shut to eternity
Suddenly there’s icy silence again
Our hearts silenced
At the empty sound
We heaved a deep sigh
Dazed gazed at the rat shadow










SUN SUN STOP

Sun sun stop and rest
All the trees are dead with sun
And all the earth are burnt with sun

Sun sun stop and rest
Shine a little everyday
Store your energy another day

ONUOHA CHINAZA

ONUOHA CHINAZA, a Nigerian from Abia State. She is an upcoming Writer. A Christian by religion. She holds a degree in Bachelor degree in Education English. (B.Ed) From the University of Nigeria (UNN), who is looking forward to putting her potentialities to bear if given the opportunity.


No comments :

Post a Comment